How to become a Chartered Accountant (CA) by the professional entry route
Follow the professional entry route to becoming an ICAS Chartered Accountant (CA) if you’re an experienced finance professional or graduate seeking to boost your career.
As an ICAS CA you’ll unlock some of the most powerful and rewarding positions in business and accounting, in the UK and abroad.
- for experienced professionals and graduates
- 3-5 years training
- boost your career
- flexible learning options
Follow the professional entry route to an extraordinary career:
Why should I become a Chartered Accountant?
With the prestigious ICAS CA qualification you’ll unlock some of the most powerful and rewarding positions in business and accounting, in the UK and abroad.
- qualify for more than accountancy
- wear the CA badge of prestige
- unlock international opportunities
- competitive salaries and job security
- join a global business community
- ICAS’ unrivalled professional support
How is the ICAS CA qualification structured?
The ICAS CA qualification sits at the level of a master’s degree and is structured to deliver the skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed.
- 13 technical subjects covered
- accounting, finance and broader business skills
- gain real-world, professional experience
- dedicated Public Trust & Ethics assessment
Can I register my interest in the professional route to becoming a CA?
Please visit this page to register your interest in following the professional entry route to becoming a Chartered Accountant.
Do I qualify for any exemptions to the CA qualification?
Exemptions may be available from five out of six papers of the Test of Competence (TC) level, depending on your qualifications and memberships.
Who may be eligible for an exemption?
- graduates with an ICAS-accredited degree
- graduates with some non-ICAS-accredited degrees
- members of AAT & ICAEW
What are the other routes to becoming a Chartered Accountant?
There are various routes to becoming an ICAS Chartered Accountant (CA), with options for school leavers, graduates, professionals and apprentices:
Where can I download the ICAS 'Become a CA' brochure?
Our Become a CA brochure gives you more information on ICAS, why you should become a CA, and all the training steps required to become a CA.