Bookkeeping courses will be held in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee on the week commencing 21 August 2017 (courses in all locations are subject to participant numbers).
The bookkeeping course covers a number of the main modules included within TC Financial Accounting. The course provides an excellent foundation for students commencing TC Financial Accounting in September 2017 and has also proven to be valuable preparation for students who progress directly to the Test of Professional Skills level. Attendance at the bookkeeping course will ensure a head start for all students entering ICAS training.
The bookkeeping course can also be attended by non-CA's and has in the past proven a useful training course for technicians and others who work within the accounting environment.
All sessions will be highly practical and will include short lectures on each area, reinforced by case study and tutorial work.
The following areas will be covered:
- Basic concepts * provisions including bad debts
- Recording financial information * wages and salaries
- Accounting for fixed assets * loans and hire purchase
- Accounting for stock (inventories) * control accounts
- Accruals and prepayments * the cash book and bank reconciliations
- Accounting for VAT * the trial balance
- Accounting for stock
The fee for the course is £501 (exclusive of VAT), which includes all course documentation, a short examination on the final day and feedback on the participants' performance.