2019 Admission Ceremony Countdown
We have started our countdown to the 2019 ICAS Admission Ceremony, held on 23 March in Edinburgh, and with less than two weeks to go it's time to checklist entry requirements!
A great deal of the #ICASclassof2019 have already secured their places at the event, which marks at least three years of serious study and commitment and welcoming the next generation of CAs into ICAS.
Mark Allison, Executive Director of Learning said: “One of my favourite days in the ICAS calendar is the annual Admission Ceremony. This is a big day when student members finally become CAs after all their hard work.
“For those of you reaching the end of your training contracts, I’d strongly encourage you to attend this ceremony. It gives you, and the people who have supported you along the way, a real chance to stand back and take stock of everything you have achieved.”
Inspiration and celebration are never far from the proceedings, however, students will also learn about the honour and responsibility that come with joining ICAS. As part of the ceremony, they will take an ethical oath emphasising their professional commitment.
1. Logbook: If you have passed TPE, you will not be able to apply for membership until your training contract has finished and your logbook has been signed off. Queries on logbook status can be sent to email@example.com.
2. Apply: To attend the ceremony, you must have made an application for membership by midday Friday 1 March 2018. Any applications sent after this date will not be accepted - sorry!
3. Guestlist: Pick out your two guests who can attend free of charge. If you need more or fewer tickets, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Book your event ticket and travel for Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
5. Choose a great (formal) outfit, including recognised national dress.
6. Sort your certificate: If you require your certificate before the event, please contact Central Registry.
7. Network: Gather your business cards - every event is a networking opportunity!
8. Investigate member benefits on their way to you: Start investigating the benefits of being a member, such as member offers, professional development, technical updates and more!
9. Enjoy your official welcome: On the day, you will receive an Admission Ceremony programme and Welcome Pack.
10. Get online: Join in the celebration on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn with the hashtag #ICASclassof2019.