Personal development essentials: Well-being and resilience
Member price: £119 + VAT
Non-member price: £140 + VAT
Online Live, 5 May 2022
Online Live, 3 November 2022
In an ever-changing workplace leaders, managers, teams and individuals face new and ever increasingly difficult challenges. ‘Stress’, ‘pressure’, ’failure’ and ‘setbacks’ at work frequently have a significant impact on future success and well-being. For this reason it is vital to develop a set of resilience skills which provide the ability to bounce back from adversity, challenges and hardships, learn from our experience and move on.
This bitesize two hour course is designed to help delegates understand, build and develop their resilience skills so that they are able to respond effectively to the challenges of their roles, their organisations and ongoing change. This course will provide practical strategies, tools and techniques to support maintenance and development of individual and business performance and well-being.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at all professionals, including: those responsible for the management of teams and/or individuals; managers working in high pressure organisational environments; teams who are keen to develop a high performing, supportive culture and environment; and individuals who feel they can benefit from being better able to respond to situations of adversity, challenge or organisational change.
What you will learn
By the end of the bitesize two hour session you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of resilience
- Examine the personal and professional implications of resilience
- Identify key resilience attitudes, behaviours, knowledge and skills in their organisational context
- Analyse the links between stress, pressure, confidence and resilience and how they relate to each other in the contexts of performance and well-being
- Analyse and explain thinking patterns which will build and develop your ability to deal with pressure, stress, challenges and adversity
- Apply the use of emotional intelligence and positive psychology to develop your resilience
- Explore the way in which individuals explain pressure, stress, adversity and challenges to themselves and how to apply a positive developmental mindset to such explanations
- Formulate and apply a variety of related skills to develop personal resilience including: setting goals, the use of assertive communication, personal impact and presence
- Analyse organisational situations where the use of resilience is required and designing effective strategies to implement and increase resilience to enhance work performance and well-being
- Produce a resilience development plan
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: A full-day course on this subject is also available
Enhancing personal resilience at work