Mastering financial spreadsheets: financial planning and analysis (part 2)
Member price for Online Live: £335 + VAT
Non-member price for Online Live: £395 + VAT
Member price in England: £566 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £666 + VAT
Due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England.
London, 7 July 2023
London, 19 December 2023
Online Live, 19 September 2023
Take your financial spreadsheets to the next level and enhance your planning, analytical and calculative skills for greater business insight.
This Part 2 course builds from Part 1 and takes a deeper dive into the techniques that help to focus the decision-making and influence future goals and objectives of a business.
This course uses Microsoft Excel for the live exercises.
- Determine the Equity and Terminal Value of a company
- Perform various sensitivity analyses on operating profit (EBIT) to select optimum spend
- Analyse what a business needs to do to achieve desired profit
- Produce a dynamic Cost Volume Profit analysis
- Perform multiple techniques to calculate investment criteria
- Find the hurdle value in an NVP profile analysis
- Bonus topics: Capital rationing with integer programming for investment proposals; calculate what is costs a business to acquire a new customer
Who should attend
This one day course is for those wanting to build on their skills and knowledge from the Part 1 session, and take a deeper dive into financial planning and analysis in Excel.
It is recommended that you have attended Part 1 of this series.
This course is for anyone with an interest in financial planning and analysis.
What you will learn
- Identify and select financially viable investment opportunities for the business with detailed analysis
- Discover the benefits of sensitivity analysis and be able to easily apply them to various business scenarios
- Utilise valuation skills to build dynamic NPV reports
- Confidently make the best financial decisions for the future of the business based on optimum spending and capital rationing techniques
Information for Online Live dates
Please read the following guidance carefully, which only applies if you are attending this course online:
- In addition to the Online Classroom, you will need to have your own version of Excel open to complete the exercises
- It does prove to be challenging to follow-on with the exercises using only 1 screen as you will need to be regularly switching between open windows. We recommend to either:
- Extend from a computer to a 2nd screen - please refer to this link for guidance on how to correctly setup a second monitor https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4340331/windows-10-set-up-dual-monitors or
- Use 2 computers, or
- Use a tablet for the online classroom and a computer for the Excel
- Please note that our courses are based on Excel for Windows and it is recommended that you are using at least Excel 2010 or a later version. MAC users are welcome but please note that there may be some tools and functionality that will differ from what is being presented. The presenter will accommodate for MAC versions on the course.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org