Finance essentials - introduction to strategy and the business case
Member price: £249 + VAT
Non-member price: £293 + VAT
London, 23 November 2023
Management accounting is all about the future. Planning. Costing. Budgeting. Working out where an organisation wants to be and working out which path to take to get it there. This course provides delegates with a range of techniques to help them develop, evaluate and implement a company strategy. In doing so it looks at how to encourage innovative options for delivering strategic objectives and how these options can be evaluated through the production of quality business cases.
Who should attend
This highly interactive course is for anyone who needs to construct, evaluate or implement company strategy and/or produce quality business cases to help the delivery of that strategy.
What you will learn
As managers progress through organisations they will need to contribute to either the development or implementation of a strategy. Understanding what tools are available to help create and deliver a strategy is therefore critical for the success of businesses today. It is also essential to understand the key elements of a quality business case to ensure the right path and right investments are made, to achieve the company’s strategy in the most value driven way.
By the end of the course delegate will, with the aid of their notes, be able to:
- Apply a range of strategic tools to ensure the company is selecting the best course of action such as:
- Porter’s work
- Product mix
- Understand the difference between Vision and Values and the financial impact of each
- Use a range of option generation techniques
- Apply basic risk analysis to a chosen course of action
- Prepare a quality business case using appropriate structure and language to enable senior managers to select the right course for their organisation.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org