Finance essentials - introduction to forecasting and reporting
Member price for Online Live: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price for Online Live: £170 + VAT
Member price in England: £237 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £279 + VAT
Online Live, 17 April 2023
2023 London dates to be announced
The monthly management reporting round can be seen as a trial by spreadsheet. Why have you overspent? Where did that forecast figure come from? Why are there so many negative variances? This course is designed to help managers understand reasons for variances and provide them with tools and techniques to deliver a more informed end of year forecast. It also discusses best practice in management reporting to make sure appropriate and informed management decisions are made.
Who should attend
This highly interactive course is for anyone who needs to monitor and explain budget variances or provide a more accurate forecast for their expected financial position at year end.
What you will learn
As managers move through their careers they are invariably given more responsibility for the financial success of a business. This is often linked to the creation and management of meaningful budgets. A greater understanding of what constitutes an effective reporting process and why real life differs from budget expectation will provide delegates with a more rounded CV and in doing so improve their career prospects.
By the end of the course delegate will, with the aid of their notes, be able to:
- Explain the reasons for a range of financial variances that may occur within an organisation
- Forecast end of year figures using seasonal variation and budget flexing
- Design better management reports with reference to best practice
- Avoid perverse management behaviour by looking at a balanced set of reporting criteria (Balanced Scorecard)
This course is part of BPP’s Finance for Non-Financial Managers programme that consists of 8 half day modules. The courses are designed to be stand alone but, as a programme, provide a comprehensive understanding of key finance concepts for non-finance managers from accounts production and interpretation to budgeting and forecasting.
The courses in the programme are:
- Finance Essentials - The Statements
- Finance Essentials - The Principles
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Control and Audit
- Finance Essentials - Company Accounts and The Annual Report
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Strategy and the Business Case
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Investment Appraisal
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Budgeting
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Forecasting & Reporting
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org