Finance essentials - introduction to budgeting
Member price for Online Live: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price for Online Live: £170 + VAT
Member price in England: £237 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £279 + VAT
Online Live, 27 September 2023
London, 12 December 2023
Budgeting is something that managers are often asked to do without any formal training on how this should be done. This course explains the structures that excellent businesses have in place to make their budgets robust. In doing so it challenges the business to only commit funds that will take the business where it wants to go. This course also covers tools and techniques to make sure the sales price for goods will lead to the required profit margins and discusses the reasons for why budgeting often doesn’t “work”.
Who should attend
This highly interactive course is for anyone who needs to construct a budget or need to understand more about the budgeting process.
What you will learn
As managers move through their careers they are invariably given more responsibility for the financial success of a business. This is often linked to the creation of and management of meaningful budgets. A greater understanding of what constitutes an effective budgeting regime and how to construct a meaningful budget will provide delegates with a more rounded CV and in doing so improve their career prospects.
By the end of the course delegate will, with the aid of their notes, be able to:
- Explain the organisational structures that lead to a robust budget creation
- Construct a supported budget on an accruals basis
- Construct a cash budget
- Appreciate the difference between revenue budgets and capital budgets
- Explain and calculate budgeted costs for goods using absorption or marginal costing
- Calculate a break even sales volume for goods
- Profile a budget
- Appreciate the challenges and behavioural issues surrounding budget construction
This course is part of BPP’s Finance for Non-Financial Managers programme that consists of 8 half day modules. The courses are designed to be stand alone but, as a programme, provide a comprehensive understanding of key finance concepts for non-finance managers from accounts production and interpretation to budgeting and forecasting.
The courses in the programme are:
- Finance Essentials - The Statements
- Finance Essentials - The Principles
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Control and Audit
- Finance Essentials - Company Accounts and The Annual Report
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Strategy and the Business Case
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Investment Appraisal
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Budgeting
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Forecasting & Reporting
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com