Finance essentials - the statements
Member price for Online Live: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price for Online Live: £170 + VAT
Member price in London: £237 + VAT
Non-member price in London: £279 + VAT
Online Live, 23 May 2023
Online Live, 6 November 2023
London, 10 July 2023
London, 3 October 2023
London, 5 December 2023
This highly interactive course will see delegates build their own business as a group and produce a rudimentary set of accounts for that business. In doing so delegates see how accounts are constructed and see some of the basic accounting principles in action. Delegates will also start to understand why finance colleagues do what they do, why they ask for the information they ask for and what some of the financial jargon means!
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who wants to start to understand financial terms or processes or wishes to cement their existing knowledge.
What you will learn
Every action within a business has some kind of financial impact whether it be signing a multi million pound contract or simply using some salaried time having a cup of coffee. A greater understanding of what happens within a business and its financial impact can only be beneficial to an organisation’s long term success and the quality of the financial information they produce. With a greater focus on financial stability in these pressured times the skills, knowledge and behaviours that this course promotes will provide delegates with a more rounded CV and can only improve their career prospects.
By the end of the course delegate will, with the aid of their notes, be able to explain:
- what the main financial statements are and what they represent
- the key elements of the different financial statements
- the different levels of profit in a P&L and why they are important
- the different terms within a balance sheet and what a balance sheet shows
- the relative benefits and drawbacks of different methods of finance
- what impacts the formation of the chart of accounts for a business…and why miscellaneous is never a good thing.
This course is part of BPP’s Finance for Non-Financial Managers programme that consists of 8 half day modules. The courses are designed to be stand alone but, as a programme, provide a comprehensive understanding of key finance concepts for non-finance managers from accounts production and interpretation to budgeting and forecasting.
The courses in the programme are:
- Finance Essentials - The Statements
- Finance Essentials - The Principles
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Control and Audit
- Finance Essentials - Company Accounts and The Annual Report
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Strategy and the Business Case
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Investment Appraisal
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Budgeting
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Forecasting & Reporting
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com