Finance essentials - company accounts and the annual report
Member price for Online Live: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price for Online Live: £170 + VAT
Member price in England: £237 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £279 + VAT
London, 18 April 2023
London, 10 October 2023
Online Live, 11 July 2023
This highly interactive course will see delegates get a deeper understanding of the elements within a set of financial statements. The course covers such topics as Provisions within accounts and the accounting for bad debt as well as looking at the importance of managing cashflow. You will understand how and why shares are issued and the role of shareholders and shares in the financial life of a company using a range of case studies. The course also considers ways in which accounts can be analysed using such techniques as ratio analysis while looking at the contents of a formal set of accounts.
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who wants to understand more about the contents of a set of accounts, the various principles that underpin their generation and the financial implications of shareholders and shares.
What you will learn
As a manager progresses within an organisation they will be required to take more responsibility for the financial results of their Department/Division/Cost Centre. To that end an understanding of the financial rules governing the preparation of the figures must be beneficial for their future career. This combined with a set of tools to help interpret financial information, provides the solid financial foundation required for any managerial role in business.
By the end of the course delegate will, with the aid of their notes, be able to explain:
- The various terms involved in share issue and the associated financial implications
- Why cashflow is so important within an organisation
- The rules underpinning the preparation of a set of accounts
- The process for identifying and accounting for bad debt
- The impact of lease accounting on the financial statements
- The process for accounting for provisions and contingent liabilities
- The key ratios used to analyse business performance
- The format of a company’s annual report
This course is part of BPP’s Finance for Non-Financial Managers programme that consists of 8 half day modules. The courses are designed to be stand alone but, as a programme, provide a comprehensive understanding of key finance concepts for non-finance managers from accounts production and interpretation to budgeting and forecasting.
The courses in the programme are:
- Finance Essentials - The Statements
- Finance Essentials - The Principles
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Control and Audit
- Finance Essentials - Company Accounts and The Annual Report
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Strategy and the Business Case
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Investment Appraisal
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Budgeting
- Finance Essentials - Introduction to Forecasting & Reporting
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com