Working Together going digital
HMRC announces plans to move its local Working Together meetings to digital.
HMRC has announced that it will move traditional face-to-face local Working Together meetings to a digital platform.
HMRC has produced a Communications Pack for agents which explains the rationale behind the move, HMRC's conversations with agents and the plan to transform Working Together.
Recognising that agents want a regional framework with a named contact, HMRC will develop:
- A number of regions with a named, dedicated contact in HMRC
- A rolling programme of digital meetings with each region taking responsibility to host.
The digital meetings will:
- Be jointly hosted by HMRC and agents
- Have standard agendas to update WT issues plus other items which agents and HMRC jointly agree should be included
- Enable regions to discuss specific issues or topics with a subject matter expert joining
- Be open to all agents.
Agents will be able to join all WT meetings during the year or just those hosted by their region.
Face-to-face meetings will still be held where there is a need, for example in the case of workshops relevant to business issues and the agent strategy. HMRC will also look for opportunities to support agent-sponsored events.
HMRC will also be looking at other opportunities for digital engagement, such as: online formal or informal forum sessions; using social media channels like LinkedIn; using webchat; and developing SMART questions to help direct agents to the right service, or to self-serve on Gov.uk.
HMRC is inviting email feedback and questions with the subject heading 'WT in a digital age'.