CAs and firms honoured at Scottish accountancy awards
Two CAs and two CA firms have been honoured at this year’s Business Insider Scottish Accountancy and Finance Awards.
The ceremony, which was held in Glasgow on 17 June, recognises the work of accountants across all industries and sectors.
Phil McNaull CA of the University of Edinburgh scooped the ‘Finance Director of the year’ award. Phil was praised by the judges for "building up trust in the finance team across the whole of the organisation".
Graeme Menzies CA, Finance Director of AFG Media/MorphCostumes, was crowned ‘emerging Finance Director of the year’ and was praised by the judges for being “at the heart of the company’s development”. Graeme is set to speak at the 2016 ICAS Conference on 29 September 2016.
CA firm Campbell Dallas won three awards on the night, including ‘large accountancy firm of the year’, ‘corporate finance team of the year’ and ‘restructuring team of the year’.
The judges said the firm had “enjoyed an exceptional year in 2015 and demonstrated outstanding achievements".
Chiene + Tait’s Entrepreneurial Tax Team, also a CA firm, won the ‘tax team of the year’ award.
The 2016 award winners
- Large accountancy firm of the year: Campbell Dallas
- Finance director of the year: Phil McNaull CA, University of Edinburgh
- Emerging Finance Director of the year: Graeme Menzies CA, AFG Media (MorphCostumes)
- Tax team of the year: Chiene + Tait Entrepreneurial Tax Team
- Accountant of the year: Sue Nicolson, Nicolson Accountancy
- Restructuring team of the year: Campbell Dallas
- Corporate finance team of the year: Campbell Dallas
- Young accountant of the year: Christopher McKeown, RBS
- Public sector finance team of the year: Wheatley Group Finance Team
- Small accountancy firm of the year: Nicolson Accountancy
Other winners included Christopher McKeown of RBS, who was named young accountant of the year for his work providing comprehensive analysis for the banking group's UK client base.
The ‘public sector finance team of the year’ award went to the Wheatley Group finance team.