Politicians announced for ICAS Scottish election debate
ICAS has confirmed the political leaders who will be appearing at this year's Big Scottish Election Debate on 20 April, ahead of the Scottish Parliamentary Elections in May.
The panel for the debate will include:
- John Swinney MSP, Deputy First Minister and Finance Secretary (Scottish National Party)
- Ian Murray MP, Shadow Scottish Secretary (Labour Party)
- Murdo Fraser MSP, Convener of the Scottish Parliament’s Economy Committee (Scottish Conservative Party)
- Patrick Harvie MSP, Co-Convener of the Scottish Green Party (Scottish Green Party)
- Alex Cole Hamilton, Scottish Liberal Democrat candidate for Edinburgh Western (Scottish Liberal Democrats)
The debate will be chaired by political journalist and contemporary historian David Torrance and follows the success of ICAS' General Election debates last year.
The event, which is free to all ICAS members, will be a chance to quiz MPs and MSPs on the topics that matter before Scotland heads to the ballot box next month.
Tax, the budget, healthcare and education are expected to be among the key battle grounds for the panel.
The Big Scottish Election debate takes place at the Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa in Edinburgh on Wednesday 20 April. Doors open at 5.30pm for 6pm, concluding by 7pm.