ICAS supports international symposium on impactful research
ICAS is pleased to support a new international research symposium on 9 September 2015 in London.
The Real Impact Factor: Accounting Research, Practice and Users event is organised by the journal Financial Reporting in collaboration with the IASB. The event is also supported by EY.
Michelle Crickett, ICAS Director of Research, said: "It is vital that accounting research is relevant to practice, the profession and standard setting and this symposium will debate how this can be achieved."
The event is free to attend and aims to attract delegates from academia, the profession, business and policy makers.
- Mr Ian Macintosh, Vice-Chairman, IASB
- Mr Peter Clark, Technical Director, IASB
- Mr Allister Wilson, Partner, EY and Convener, ICAS Research Committee
- Professor Baruch Lev, New York University (NYU), Stern School of Business
- Professor Peter Pope, London School of Economics
- Professor Jane Broadbent, Royal Holloway University, and Deputy Chair of the UK REF Sub-Panel on "Business and Management Studies"
- Mr Ken Lee, Head of Equity Research, Barclays
- Mr Javier de Frutos, Chairman, Financial Accounting Commission (FCA), European Federation of Financial Analysts' Societies (EFFFAS)
- Mr Patrick de Cambourg, Chairman, French Accounting Standard Setter (ANC)
About the event
- Event:The 'Real' Impact Factor: Accounting Research, Practice, and Users
- Date: 9 September 2015, 9.00-16.00
- Location: EY, 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF
- Cost: Free
If you are interested in attending please email Mrs Joanna Wille.
This event is associated with the Special Issue that the journal launched in December 2014 on the same topic, and which is co-guest edited by Professor Stefano Zambon, Dr Alan Teixeira (Deloitte) and Ms Anne McGeachin (IASB).