FRC seeks new member for Audit and Assurance Council
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is looking to appoint a new non-executive member to its Audit and Assurance Council.
The Audit and Assurance Council advises the FRC Board and Codes and Standards Committee on auditing and assurance standards for public interest engagements and related guidance.
The Council is also responsible for:
- Providing strategic input and thought leadership on audit and assurance matters
- Considering and advising the FRC Board on draft codes and standards to ensure that a high quality, effective and proportionate approach is taken.
- Considering and commenting upon proposed developments to international codes and standards and regulations.
- Considering and advising on research proposals and other initiatives undertaken to inform the FRC on matters material to its remit and any resultant publications.
- Considering and commenting on the current, emerging and potential risks to the work of the FRC.
The FRC Board and the Codes and Standards Committee look to the Councils for advice on strategy and to provide input on the importance of issues as they arise.
The FRC is inviting applications from Chief Financial Officers or senior accounts preparers, with significant corporate reporting and audit experience.
More information about the role is available from the FRC. Applications close on 21 August 2015.