Five things CAs need to know this week: 29 May 2017
A look ahead to some of the things happening in business, accountancy and politics this week.
1. ICAS to hold women in leadership event
ICAS will be holding its first Women in Leadership event in Glasgow this week.
Amanda McMillan CA, CEO of AGS Airports, will talk about her career as a CA and the skills in leadership she has learned along the way.
Amanda was appointed CEO of AGS Ltd in 2014 and is also MD of Glasgow Airport. Her success was recognised in 2013 when she received an OBE for her services to UK business and tourism. Prior to that Amanda worked for worldwide drinks firm Diageo and global accountancy firm KPMG.
2. Insurance premium tax rate rise takes effect
The Chancellor announced a 2% rise to insurance premium tax (IPT) during his Autumn statement.
The rate rise takes effect on 1 June, at which point the IPT rate will increase from 10% to 12%. The increase will affect new policies for vehicles, buildings and pets.
3. BoE releases April reports
The Bank of England will release April’s Money and Credit report, Monetary & Financial Statistics and Effective interest rates on Wednesday, 31 May.
The interest rates report will include average interest rates across deposit or loan accounts with UK banks and building societies.
4. Pension consultation deadline approaches
The deadline is approaching for the FRC’s consultation on pensions.
Members have until 30 June to send their comments to ICAS on the Revisions to Practice Note 15 (Revised) – The Audit of Occupational Pension Schemes in the United Kingdom.
The consultation proposes changes to take into account the implementation of FRS 102 and the revised ISAs.
5. Results due from AFI Development, LondonMetric Property and ImmuPharma.
- Tuesday: Interims due from AFI Development. Finals due from Horizon Discovery Group and Renold.
- Wednesday: Interims due from Alpha Bank. Finals due from GAN, LondonMetric Property and Telford Homes.
- Thursday: Finals due from ImmuPharma.