Five things CAs need to know this week: 14 May 2018
A look ahead to some of the things happening in business, accountancy and politics this week.
1. The Scottish Parliament Reception 2018
2. China/US trade talks continue
China's top economic official will visit Washington today to continue trade talks with the Trump administration following discussions in Beijing last month which proved unfruitful.
The negotiations are a response to the US President's intentions to impose high trade tariffs on China.
White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said that the administration is hoping for an outcome that "will be great for everyone".
3. First Minister to discuss Scotland's economic future post-Brexit
Nicola Sturgeon will address a London audience as part of the Thompson Reuters Newsmaker events on Monday 14 May.
Scotland's position on Brexit and the economic perspective north of the border offer a unique take on recent political and financial events. The First Minister will share her vision for the future and highlight the priorities for her government.
The event will be moderated by Reuters global News Editor Alessandra Galloni.
4. ONS will release unemployment and house price figures
5. Updates from Royal Mail, Investec, Thomas Cook and Vodafone
- Monday: Interim due from Diploma, Dignity and Victrex.
- Tuesday: Interims due from Patisserie Holdings, Elegant Hotels, easyJet and Jackpotjoy. Finals due from Braemar, BTG, Land Securities Group, Premier Foods and Vodafone.
- Wednesday: Interims due from Brewin Dolphin Holdings, Mitchells & Butlers, Marston's and SSP. Finals due from Burberry.
- Thursday: Interims due from Future, Grainger, TBC Bank and Thomas Cook. Finals due from 3i, Investec, National Grid and Royal Mail.
- Friday: Interims due from AstraZeneca.