Financial broadcaster and founder of SavvyWoman announced as ICAS debate host
Sarah Pennells, financial journalist, broadcaster and founder of the UK’s leading finance website for women has been confirmed as the host of the ICAS Challenging Conversations pensions debate in London.
Sarah is the founder and editor of the UK’s leading finance website for women: SavvyWoman.co.uk.
She is a personal finance expert for BBC1’s Rip Off Britain and Right on the Money and has won several awards, including BIBA journalist of the year in 2016 and Santander financial broadcast journalist of the year in 2015.
On 11 September, Sarah will be joined by panellists:
- Josephine Cumbo, Pensions Correspondent at the Financial Times;
- Chris Curry, Director of the Pensions Policy Institute and a co-chair of the DWP’s Automatic Enrolment Review Advisory Group;
- Gregg McClymont, Director of Policy and External Affairs at B&CE;
- Tom McPhail, Head of Retirement Policy at Hargreaves Lansdown; and
- Sir Brian Souter CA, co-founder and Chairman of Stagecoach Group and Chairman of Souter Investments.
ICAS has identified a series of key questions about our pensions system that need to be answered and our London debate returns to the first of those questions in calling for a change in approach to pension policy-making by current and future UK Governments.
Sir Brian Souter started the debate last year by demanding to know when we’ll address the significant and prolonged challenges in the pensions industry that he believes limit enterprise, demotivate the younger generation and prevent optimal retirement outcomes for many.
The event takes place on 11 September at Farmers’ and Fletchers Hall, 3 Cloth Street, London.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 347 0261 to reserve your place.