Critical success factors for US business leaders
Chartered Accountants Worldwide (CAW) has published a new report on the critical success factors for tomorrow's business leaders, focusing on the US perspective.
The report is the second in a series that considers the vital issues faced by business leaders in financial markets worldwide.
It builds on insights from a CAW Critical Success Factors summit in New York City, bringing together leading CEOs, CFOs and business leaders from major national and multinational organisations.
The report cautions that the US, which remains the world's largest economy, must not be blind to the challenges that lie ahead. It highlights the need to maintain growth in an uncertain world, the threat from emerging economies, and how to bring together talent and technology. The report also explores the role of Chartered Accountants as business leaders.
Some of the key insights of the report and summit are:
- Most believe that the future trend of the US economy will be more of a 'rollercoaster of booms and busts' rather than steady year-on-year growth.
- Almost half of those surveyed said that political instability is impacting on corporate growth plans.
- There was widespread concern that headline rates of corporate tax in the US are uncompetitive against those of other countries.
- The threat from emerging economies hangs over the US economy in the long run.
Role of chartered accountants
- The role of a Chartered Accountant is increasingly that of a business leader.
- Chartered Accountants have an important role in facilitating growth and ensuring good governance.
- Most believe that the Chartered Accountancy qualification is a route to success in business.
- Disruptive technology has the power to enhance business performance.
- Predictive analytics using big data technology will become increasingly important to the accountancy profession.
- Successful leaders of the future will have the ability to bring together talent and technology to create new ways of doing business.
- Cyber security is a profound management concern.
What are the critical success factors for tomorrow's business leaders?
As part of Chartered Accountants Worldwide (CAW), ICAS is asking for the views of its members to discuss the critical success factors for tomorrow's business leaders, focusing on key international markets.
The survey closes on 17 June and should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete. Your responses will remain completely anonymous and confidential.