Vice President of Accounting & Policy | Glasgow
Recruiter: Meraki Talent
Location: Glasgow/Hybrid working
Salary: £75 to 85k plus bonus & benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the company
Meraki Talent’s city centre-based client are seeking a highly experienced and qualified VP of Accounting Policy to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all accounting policies and procedures. Ensuring compliance with regulations and standard and leading a team of accounting professionals.
About the role
- Oversee all accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with GAAP and IFRS standards.
- Provide technical accounting guidance and support to business units and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure effective and efficient audits.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance and support to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all accounting tasks.
- Develop and implement training programs to ensure that all staff are up to date with accounting policy changes and requirements.
- Stay up to date with changes in accounting regulations and standards and ensure that the company is in compliance with all requirements.
- Act as a liaison between the accounting department and other departments within the company.
About the individual
- ICAS Qualified with 5 years post qualifying experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working to challenging deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 0141 648 0374