Treasury Manager | Renfrew
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Location: Based in Renfrew (flexible working available)
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
About the role
Howden are now recruiting a Treasury Manager to be based in Glasgow. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified / experienced treasury professional who is looking to advance their career. This role reports to the Head of Group Treasury.
As Treasury Manager, you will be responsible for the ongoing management of the Group’s short-term liquidity, debt servicing and transactional FX risk management. You will be primary dealer for the management of the Group’s FX derivative transactions ensuring all trades are executed promptly, at competitive pricing and settled within respective currency cut-off times. You will provide support to the Group’s Business Units and Shared Service Centre with regards to all aspects of Treasury related activities and liaise with external bank counterparties/stakeholders ensuring compliance with Treasury SOX Control policies.
About the individual
- Experience of working in the Treasury department of a large multi-national organisation.
- Experience of working with Treasury Management Systems and electronic banking platforms.
- Competent with Microsoft software packages (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Highly motivated with a conscientious and diligent work ethos.
- A continuous improvement mind-set with an ongoing desire to use technology to improve and streamline processes.
- Ability to work across functions and communicate effectively with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks effectively with good attention to detail.
* ACT qualified/part qualified or similar Treasury related qualification.
Please reach out to Amy Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.