Treasurer & Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee | Edinburgh
Co-Opted Board Member (Treasurer & Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee)
Employer: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Interested in this role?
About the Society
The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS or “the Society”) is a charity founded in 1909, which owns and manages Edinburgh Zoo and the Highland Wildlife Park. Our mission is to connect people with nature and safeguard threatened species.
The Society has elections to the Board from our membership at each AGM. In addition to this, the Board can also co-opt people to complement the skills set of its current members.
It is in this regard that the Society is now looking to co-opt a new Treasurer who also will act as the Chair of Audit & Risk Committee. The duration of this co-option period will be for up to 4 years and after the expiry of a co-option period, the incumbent is eligible to stand for election to the Board through the AGM.
Responsibilities of the board
- Promoting and safeguarding the sustainability of the Society
- Providing leadership within prudent and effective controls
- Setting the Society’s strategic aims
- Setting the Society’s values & standards
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met
Responsibilities of the Treasurer
- Helping to ensure the overall financial viability of the Society
- Ensuring all regulatory financial requirements of the Society are met
- Overseeing the risk and assurance of the Society
- Chairing the Audit & Risk Committee
- Ensuring all our obligations as a charity are fulfilled
About the candidate
- CCAB (Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies) qualified
- Senior experience within at least the past 5 years in a large business, charity or public funded organisation
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience as Chair of an Audit & Risk Committee or equivalent
Chartered Accountant status and experience of a similar role in a charity are desirable.
We are looking for individuals who share our values and who can contribute to greater diversity of thought in order to help the Board better reflect our diverse community. If you believe you meet the criteria above, we would like to hear from you.
What to do next
For more details on the role, click here
**APPLICATION IS VIA CV SUBMISSION - PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER DETAILING WHERE YOU BELIEVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE(S) WOULD ADD VALUE TO THE CONTRIBUTION OF THE BOARD.**