Senior Valuation Executive | Glasgow
Employer: Metis Partners
Location: Glasgow (currently hybrid working)
Salary: Salary range available on request
Interested in this role?
- Looking to work in professional services but within a relaxed corporate environment?
- Looking to bring 3-4 years’ of valuation or finance experience and apply it in the niche sector of IP valuation?
- Interested in gaining exposure to innovative and high-profile client companies of all types and sizes?
- Interested in working with a leading global IP valuation firm?
- Professional and commercially savvy?
- Resourceful and adaptable under pressure?
- Someone who believes in the importance of strong and trusted client relationships?
- Interested in working as part of a close-knit team in a role that has a genuine impact on client business?
About Metis Partners
We are Metis Partners, a dynamic intellectual property (“IP”) valuation firm established in 2003 and recognised as a market leader in its field. We have grown into an expert team of specialists, with extensive experience in IP valuation, IP management and IP sale, operating from offices in Glasgow and San Diego.
We operate in three IP disciplines: Valuation, Advisory and Restructuring and Bankruptcy. We identify, value and occasionally sell IP for a range of clients, big and small, national and international, private and PLC, across numerous sectors. Our approach is focused on analysing a business, its key resources, its competitive advantage and how IP and intangible assets contribute to the business. We get a unique view of what makes companies tick – both the successful ones and those who are failing. We also help support other professionals, advising on and facilitating business turnarounds often relying on the value of IP assets.
Our clients include Alix Partners, Bain Capital, BENCH, Clydesdale Bank Growth Finance, Deloitte, Duff and Phelps, Ernst & Young, Faraday Future, FRP, Gordon Brothers, Grant Thornton, KPMG, Monsoon, Octopus Investments, P2i, Secure Channels.
We are an employee-focused company and we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- A competitive salary & benefits including a work from home allowance and a generous sick pay scheme increasing with length of service
- A flexible working environment and hours to facilitate a good work-life balance and to accommodate other commitments
- Private healthcare
About the role
The Senior Valuation Executive works across our Valuation Teams, working on M&A and Restructuring & Bankruptcy IP valuations for our global client base.
Key responsibilities within six to twelve months include:
- Performing corporate financial and risk analysis
- Participating in and subsequently leading information discovery calls with clients
- Determining IP valuations, adopting recognised IP valuation methodologies
- Drafting IP valuation reports and proposals
- Reviewing and occasionally carrying out corporate research and supervising work carried out by the analyst team
Other responsibilities on an ad hoc basis include:
- Reviewing and improving Metis Partners’ internal process and procedures
- Ensuring our valuation inputs remain up-to-date and reliable
- Managing client engagement and communication
About the individual
Essential qualifications and experience we are looking for include:
- Qualified/Part Qualified related professional qualification
- 3-4 years of experience working within professional services, ideally in business or IP valuation
- Commercial and financial awareness in a client-facing role
Essential qualities we are looking for include:
- A commitment to learn about business analysis and IP valuation and the specialist services we offer
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and the drive to learn the rigor required to deliver our professional services
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Solution-focused and resourceful, with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work remotely and independently for periods of time and remain engaged and focused
Nice to have qualities include:
- Track record of project management/delivery competence
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Prior experience in assisting and coaching staff to ensure timely and high-quality deliverables
What to do next
This is an excellent opportunity to join a young, dynamic team working in a specialist field that’s growing in importance in M&A. For more information on us and our recruitment program please check out our website https://metispartners.com/about-us/careers/
If you think you have got what it takes we would love to hear from you. Please email your C.V. and a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for the role to Iain Baird at email@example.com