Persimmon Homes Finance Manager | Perth
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Working Pattern: Hybrid
Sector: Property/ Construction
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the company
Persimmon was founded in 1972 by life president Duncan Davidson and has grown over the years to become one of the largest residential property developers in the United Kingdom. Persimmon currently builds over 13,500 beautifully designed homes annually in more than 350 prime locations UK-wide.
As a business, they focus primarily on the construction of new homes, ranging from starter homes to larger family houses. They operate through several regional divisions across the UK, including three in Scotland. Each division is responsible for developing and building homes in their respective areas.
About the role
The Finance Manager will report directly to the Regional Finance Director. This position is designed to be an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant or an experienced Finance Manager looking to develop their career within a reputable property development business. From day one in this role you will be a member of the board of directors and provide key insights into financial and non-financial minds alike.
- Management and responsibility for all aspects of financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting of the business
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings and provide financial assistance and decision-making support to the local company management team
- Provide day-to-day support for the local company Managing Director
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the finance department, ensuring all Group reporting deadlines are met
- Supervision of the accounts staff and routine transaction processing and payment
- Development and maintenance of financial policies and adherence to Group financial procedures ensuring consistent, accurate and robust accounting information
- Review and challenge site valuations cost to complete forecasts
- Preparation of bi-monthly Management Accounts and supporting analysis & narrative
- Preparation of monthly P&L and cash flow operating forecasts and land expenditure forecasts
- Preparation of the bi-annual budget and annual 5 Year Business Plan model
- Responsibility for all year-end financial reporting and tax year-end reporting including P11d reporting
- Attendance and input at local company Board Meetings and Valuation Review meetings
- Supervision of cashier, accounts payable purchase ledger and sub-contract ledger functions
About the individual
- Professionally qualified CA / ACA accountant
- Ability to work effectively and accurately on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skills
- Good communication skills and ability to translate key issues to non-financial staff
- Commercial acumen and an understanding of key business drivers are essential to the role
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Competent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Will Dodds at Rutherford Cross