Operations Accountant | Elgin/ Fochabers/ Moray
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Company: Baxters Food Group
Location: Elgin/ Fochabers/ Moray Area
Working pattern: Hybrid
Interested in this role?
Baxters Food Group is a fourth generation privately owned entrepreneurial business which specialises in the manufacturing of premium quality, primarily branded, food products. The Group's product range includes soup, beetroot, chutney, condiments, preserves and meal options.
Since Baxters began operation in 1868 a lot has changed, but their dedication to making only the best quality products has always been at the core of everything they do. The Baxters brand has grown from a humble village store to a global brand with a turnover of circa £450m.
The European Business has a turnover of circa £140m across their sites, which also incorporates two specialist manufacturers, Manor Vinegar, one of Europe’s largest vinegar producers, and Orexis Fresh Foods, a leading London-based chilled foods business specialising in ready-to-eat products.
As a business partner to the Operations Management & Site Teams, you will report, analyse and interrogate the European operational performance, providing visibility of performance to drive performance improvement and strengthen controls. In addition, you will be supporting the New Product Innovation process with product costing and analysis.
- Ensure the accurate accounting of operational costs and stock within Baxters Europe. Develop, maintain and deliver fit-for-purpose reporting, ensuring weekly and monthly reporting of the Operations P&L meets the needs of key stakeholders. Provide commentary & insight into numbers
- In conjunction with the Material Control team, ensure that the daily production reporting processes are delivering a timely and accurate representation of the actual performance of operations
- Provide financial reporting on stock usage and losses (raw, pack & finished goods). Prepare the stock provision calculation for review and complete balance sheet reconciliations for stock to ensure the integrity of information
- Be visible and seen as a support to the Operations teams. Present and explain the financial numbers to non-financial managers in an accessible way to ensure a good understanding of financial performance
- Encourage and support moving production reporting and Oracle into alignment, driving Oracle as the source wherever possible
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Generate accurate and robust product costings to feed into the NPI process. Drive a more efficient costing process, influencing the relevant stakeholders to ensure costing takes place at the right time and with the right inputs to minimise the time spent reworking costings
- Qualified Management Accountant (ACCA, CA, CIMA or equivalent) with FMCG industry business partnering experience and a track record in building a partnership team structure with clear accountabilities
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – able to build a credible presence across the full business, especially Operations Management and gain buy-in and action to the finance agenda / performance improvement. Can demonstrate their understanding of what good stakeholder management & collaboration looks like
- A leader who consults and supports their team
- Resilient, able to manage multiple tasks to short deadlines and prepared to get hands-on where necessary. Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- A proactive problem solver – a proven ability to identify and deliver improvements
- Strong numerical reasoning and analytical skills. Able to bring insight to non-finance colleagues
- Excellent IT skills
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Will Dodds at Rutherford Cross by emailing email@example.com.