Manager | Bermuda
Employer: PwC Bermuda
Job title: Manager
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
As Bermuda’s number one professional services firm, we use the power of our professionals and PwC’s global network to build trust and solve important issues. With 12 partners and more than 200 people, PwC is the largest professional services firm in Bermuda providing Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Legal services. We are the leading provider of services to the insurance and reinsurance industry. From our offices in central Hamilton, we focus on the unique needs of individual markets and help organisations and individuals create the value they're looking for.
We serve the key industries that drive Bermuda's international economy:
- Asset & wealth management
- Banking & capital markets
- Consumer markets
- Government & public services
- Insurance & reinsurance
About the role
PwC Bermuda is seeking qualified Accountants who bring unique skills and perspective to a diverse community of solvers within our Assurance, Accounting Service and Advisory practices. You will have the opportunity to create impact with high profile clients in a tech powered environment while contributing to our local community.
Our team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
About the individual
The successful candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University, as well as an accounting designation, such as the CPA, CA, ACA or ACCA, with a minimum of 5 years work experience at a public accounting, or equivalent service organization.