Management Accountant/Business Partner | Kirkintilloch
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Company: CCL Design
Title: Management Accountant/Business Partner
Salary: £Highly Competitive DOE
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
CCL Design is a division of CCL Industries, a global manufacturing business with headquarters in Toronto, Canada and Framingham, Massachusetts. The Group employs over 25,000 employees, operating 205 production facilities, with a presence in 43 countries over 6 continents. The Group is listed on the Canadian stock exchange.
CCL Design is a leading manufacturer of printed, decorative, and functional products. As a global design and manufacturing partner for some of the world’s best-known brands, they deploy cutting-edge technology and an international infrastructure to design and build product assemblies for consumer electronics and automotive applications. Their dedicated teams leverage technology and a deep understanding of materials science to create product solutions that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional. They are committed to helping their customers to succeed in today's rapidly changing marketplace.
The role reports to the Financial Controller and will engage with other senior managers across the business. This is a key role within the team, providing the bridge between operations and finance.
The successful candidate will be able to broaden their knowledge of manufacturing, identifying business drivers and influencing decision-making to drive performance.
CCL Design is going through a period of growth, with several new products entering mass production in 2024. This role represents an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified accountant to join a global business and play a key role in their Scottish operations.
There is a team of 3 onsite in finance at Bishopbriggs, however, the role holder will work in partnership with the finance team at another CCL site based in East Kilbride.
Summary of Key Duties:
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Fixed assets module, maintenance and control
- Preparing annual budget – liaising with Sales Team and Plant Manager to create budget and meet targets set by Board
- Monthly and quarterly forecasting
- Responsible for HMRC & pension submission
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Standard costing maintenance / cost accounting / calculation of project profitability
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to corporate finance
- Working capital monitoring
- Overseeing AP & AR functions
- Assisting with internal and external audit requirements
- Creating and presenting visual analysis e.g. graphs / charts / variance reports of project performance and KPIs to Management Team (weekly / monthly)
- Monitoring and reporting on yield and material usage
- Capital expenditure investment analysis
- Operational cost control – monthly budgets; monitor spend; communicate with operations team
- Analysing WIP and FGI – working with Plant Manager to investigate any variances that arise
- Supporting departmental managers to maintain KPIs
- Preparing ad hoc analysis for operations team in order to direct priorities
Experience Required for the Role:
- Strong IT skills, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Qualified accountant (CA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience of working with an ERP system would be advantageous
- Ability to communicate financial information to Finance and non-finance colleagues
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A can-do professional attitude, and the drive to initiate enhanced business performance
- Organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work well in a team, but also capable of taking personal ownership for delivery
Salary: £Highly Competitive DOE
Company Pension: 4% employer
Holiday Entitlement: 33 days holidays, including statutory days
Additional Benefits: Life cover – 4x salary
Health shield plan (cashback, store discounts and wellness
On site parking
Flexible working will be considered after successful probation period
Hours: 8:30am – 5pm, Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 2:30pm, Friday
To access the full Position Profile and have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jonathan Donnelly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.