Management Accountant | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Dobbies Garden Centre
Role: Management Accountant
Location: Edinburgh (hybrid available)
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
For 150 years, Dobbies name has stood for quality horticulture. During this time Dobbies have been proud to provide the very best products and expert advice to gardeners throughout the UK. Today Dobbies is the UK's largest Garden Centre retailer with stores across Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. Naturally, Dobbies have one of the biggest and best ranges of quality plants and gardening equipment around.
About the role
The Management Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to support the finance team in financial accounting, monthly management accounts and ad hoc information. The individual will be a fully qualified accountant who is able to bring a credible level of experience to the team.
- Preparation of month end reporting for management and Board, including Databook process
- Monthly reconciliation of more complex balance sheet accounts
- Undertaking routine month end tasks, such as posting journals, reviewing store P&Ls for mis-postings and actioning journal corrections where required
- Preparation, monitoring and reporting of key business and financial controls within the business
- Responsible for the year-end stock accounting process
About the individual
Typical Background and Experience Required:
This is an excellent opportunity for qualified accountants looking to further their careers.
The individual will have:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAS/CIMA)
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Experience with mentoring/managing a team
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail
What to do next
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.
Rutherford Cross is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.