Group Head of Financial Planning & Analysis | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Baxters Food Group
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the organisation
Baxters Food Group is a fourth generation privately owned entrepreneurial business which specialises in the manufacturing of premium quality, primarily branded, food products. The Group's product range includes soup, beetroot, chutney, condiments, preserves and meal options. Since Baxters began operation in 1868 a lot has changed, but their dedication to making only the best quality products has always been at the core of everything they do. The Baxters brand has grown from a humble village store to a global brand with a turnover of £500m.
About the role
Reporting Directly to the CFO, this is a critical position which will have important stakeholder management responsibilities across Group Finance, Group Governance Board, Executive Board, Strategic Business Units (“SBU’s”) and external advisors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of the annual budget level presentations to be provided to Boards, including preparation of presentations to Board of Directors and Executive Management Team
- Support the Executive Management and SBU Heads with in-depth analysis and provision of decision support information
- Work closely with senior management to build successful working relationships and become a credible senior business partner
- Develop the annual long-term forecast (5-year plan)
- Evaluate current assets and excess working capital to maximise ROI and where appropriate, suggest other methods of leveraging cash flow (alternative investments, increased stock dividends etc.)
- Gauge the company’s overall financial health (current and future) through key financial ratios, models and forecasts, using historic results and variance analysis to suggest future improvements and drive further company-wide growth in line with strategic objectives
- Involvement in pricing strategy reviews and determining which of the company’s products or product lines generate the largest portion of its net profit. Additionally, track resource allocation and streamline financially where possible
- Map growth plans, including capital expenditures and investments
About the individual
- Qualified accountant with well developed emotional and social competence and growth mindset
- Experienced operating and interacting at executive and Board level, including experience of reporting to and advising, senior stakeholders (executive committee, Board directors, regulators and external networks)
- Track record of driving growth, profitability, working capital management, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Demonstrable FP&A experience and a sound technical understanding of finance and IT systems
- Proven team leader who can set objectives, manage a dynamic team and develop individuals professionally
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds at Rutherford Cross.