Group Financial Accountant | Motherwell
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Peter Vardy Group
Location: Outskirts of Glasgow - Motherwell
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Peter Vardy Group is a dynamic organisation which stretches across motor retail, car finance, leasing and rental and has a focus on a world class guest experience in-store and online. Our 2030 strategy maps out ambitious growth plans with the guest experience at heart. PVL was established in July 2006 by Peter Vardy who had a vision to create a world class motor retail business like no other. The Group is renowned for its innovative approach to colleague and customer engagement which features at the heart of the business model and PVL truly believe that a satisfied and passionate team will deliver the best possible customer experience.
About the role
The Group Financial Accountant will be expected to support the Finance Director in ensuring the Group achieves its financial objectives. In doing so the candidate will be expected to perform the following responsibilities:
- Ensure all financial deliverables are submitted to the Group and Board of Directors on time
- Daily, weekly and monthly treasury management to ensure Group cash flows are maximised, including cashflow forecasting
- Prepare and review Group Consolidated Management Accounts on a monthly basis
- Preparation and review of quarterly Group VAT Returns including submission to HMRC
- Corporation tax quarterly instalment payment calculations and submissions
- Leading the year end audit
- Year End consolidation and statutory accounts preparation
- Leading projects on an adhoc basis when required by the Group Finance Director
About the individual
The Group Financial Accountant role requires a driven and motivated individual that is used to working in a demanding and fast paced working environment. It is crucial that the post-holder is a strong communicator and possess exceptional interpersonal skills, in order to be able to communicate and work with both financial and non-financial stakeholders of the business.
The successful candidate will ideally be a newly or recently qualified accountant from a big-4 or mid-tier accountancy firm with a good understanding of the complexity around group accounts.
Please reach out to Gillian O’Neil at email@example.com for further information and a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.