Group Financial Accountant | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Baxters Food Group
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Baxters Food Group is a fourth-generation privately owned entrepreneurial business which specialises in the manufacturing of premium quality, primarily branded, food products. The Group's product range includes soup, beetroot, chutney, condiments, preserves and meal options. Baxters has been in operation since 1868, growing into a global brand with a turnover of over £300m.
About the role
The Group Financial Accountant will report directly to the Group Finance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to further their industry knowledge within an exciting business. This role is best suited to those who are interested in being involved in a large-scale FMCG business.
About the responsibilities
- Period close and reporting: Monthly group consolidation in Oracle
- Statutory accounts: Group Statutory Accounts - prepare annual group accounts in Thomas Reuters software working closely with the Group Finance Manager
- Statutory audit: Group audit - play a key role in group audit by working closely with both internal finance teams and external auditors
- Tax: UK tax return - take the lead on consolidating all information for UK tax return completion by external advisors
- Financial analysis: Group overheads - actuals/forecasts and budgets - prepare and review for each close and provide budget holders with insightful reporting
About the individual
Typical Background and Experience Required:
This is an excellent opportunity for qualified accountants looking to further their careers.
The individual will have:
- Qualified accountant
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Experience with mentoring/managing a team
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail
Please reach out to Harry Thomson at email@example.com for further information and a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.