FP&A Lead | East Kilbride
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Location: East Kilbride
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the company
Headquartered in East Kilbride, the Food & Beverage division of Hero Brands currently operates across 4 main brands with the portfolio set to continue to expand over the next 12 months. The most well-known brand is German Doner Kebab (GDK) which has restaurants thriving in the UK, Europe, Middle East and is targeting rapid expansion across numerous new territories.
Having established themselves as one of the most exiting new food brands in the UK, GDK is now looking to take the next step in their growth phase, to take them from 130 restaurants to 500 restaurants in the UK and globally GDK has ambition to grow to >5,000 restaurants globally.
About the role
There is a new Senior Management Team in place who firmly believes that growing sales profitably for both GDK and their franchise partners will be key to delivering these targets. To support this, they have identified the need for senior FP&A resource to support them in analysing all aspects of GDK performance and working closely with them to steer the business on this growth plan.
This is the first dedicated FP&A resource for GDK and presents a real opportunity for someone to shape the role and build influence around the business. There is also the potential for an FP&A team to be created in future years
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of restaurant sales performance to provide insight to the leadership team to continue to drive profitable growth for GDK
- Liaise with stakeholders to provide meaningful analysis for business decisions
- Analysis of restaurant profit and loss accounts to support the profitability of their franchise partners
- Implement processes to evaluate new products, menu changes or supply chain developments
- As the senior finance resource for German Doner Kebab, you will be expected to play a key role in the management of team meetings, sharing insights, and showing strong business acumen
- Evaluate opportunities for international development as they arise
- Co-ordinate and deliver the yearly budgeting processes and regular re-forecasting for the business
- Monitor actuals against budget / reforecast to help identify trends, opportunities and risks within the business, to help inform future forecasts and to challenge and drive accountability within functions and divisions
- Analysis of both financial and non-financial information, identifying patterns, trends and opportunities for business growth or cost reduction
- Developing relationships around the business to develop the role and profile of the FP&A / finance department
- Cashflow forecasting is also likely to be required from this role
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
About the individual
- Qualified Accountant (CA/ACA or equivalent)
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through related experience
- Experience of problem solving and implementing process improvements, particularly in relation to internal reporting (e.g. efficient design of Excel reports)
- Ideally, experience within Food and Beverage or consumer goods environments
- Strong budget and forecasting background
- Strong analytical skills – ability to research, compile, analyse and interpret large data sets efficiently to provide insightful, accurate analysis of complex financial data
- Strong financial modelling skills including advance Excel skills
- As the role is dynamic, a can-do attitude and strong organisational skills, with the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work-load to deliver high quality work is essential
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to get out into the business to articulate financial matters to a non-financial audience, and build effective working relationships across the business
- Ability to take the initiative and drive the continual improvement of processes, practices and analysis
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to use PowerPoint or similar products to develop high quality reports appropriate for a range of audiences
- Commercial curiosity and acumen – involved in understanding, analysing and questioning commercial areas and new strategic opportunities across the group
- Pragmatic and solutions driven - with the ability to combine being ‘in the detail’ with stepping back to see the ‘bigger picture’
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.