FP&A Accountant | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Arnold Clark
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the organisation
Arnold Clark Automobiles Ltd is one of the largest car dealer groups in Europe. But it all started with just one showroom in Glasgow, Scotland, back in 1954. Since its launch in 1954, Arnold Clark Automobiles has grown to become Europe's largest privately owned car retailer, selling in excess of 280,000 vehicles per year and generating an annual turnover of over £3 billion.
Arnold Clark’s employees play a valuable role in the company’s continued success, as it puts customer experience at the heart of everything it does. In addition to selling cars, Arnold Clark provides rental vehicles, business fleet services, and high-quality training in a host of areas, as well as servicing, MOT tests and accident repairs. The business also supports local initiatives, to help the communities it works in. As part of the Arnold Clark Group there are four smaller companies within the Group, in addition to the main business. Arnold Clark is an all-inclusive company with great opportunities for progression.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to challenge existing budgeting and forecasting processes and provide high-level analysis which will support the business’ growth strategy. The FP&A Accountant will communicate with operational, sales and finance counterparts on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with stakeholders to provide meaningful analysis for business decisions Preparation of budgets and cashflows across all sites
- Create advanced macros to manage large data files from different systems
- Make use of the capabilities of Power BI
- Analyse large volumes of data, develop reports and analyse these reports to create actions plans
- Maintain and develop existing & new financial forecasting models
- Ensure the accuracy of data and relevant reports
- Provide proactive analysis to assist Senior Managers with business making decisions
- Work with Senior Managers to develop analysis and systems skills
- Developing high-level KPIs
- Line manage and help in the development of a Graduate Accountant
About the individual
- Fully Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years PQE working in an FP&A type role
- Ambitious and dynamic with a track record of proactively challenging the status quo and driving change Ability to adapt to a high paced working environment, prioritise and be flexible
- Advanced Excel skills, building macros
- Prior exposure to Power BI
- Strong commercial understanding
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable analysing and interpreting complex data and drawing logical conclusions
- Influencing skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Ability to work on own
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross.