Financial Reporting Manager | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the company
Established in 1865 and with over 150 years of history, Heineken is a proud family-owned, independent brewer and is now one of the biggest names globally, with more than 250 brands and 165 breweries across 70 countries.
Here in the UK, Heineken are the nation’s leading beer, cider and pub company and the name behind a host of brilliant brands including: Amstel, Desperados, Sol, Tiger, Birra Moretti, Old Mout Cider, Strongbow and many more.
With the perfect blend of award-winning benefits and global development opportunities, there are so many ways to untap your future at Heineken.
About the role
As the Financial Reporting Manager, you will help drive and manage the delivery of a World Class Financial Reporting and Control function here in Heineken UK. This includes the overall Financial Reporting for the function, the Control oversight and effective governance and delivery with the Heineken Global Shared Service Centre in Krakow. You will also have overall responsibility for the Balance Sheet and Cashflow reporting.
Another exciting part of the role is the Business Partnering aspect. You will provide technical accounting support for major transactions in the UK and work cross functionally with other parts of the business on projects.
- Manage and drive best in class reporting processes and control frameworks across Financial reporting, financial control and Cashflow processes
- Manage key relationships and governance structures both within finance and across the business including the Heineken Krakow team in Poland, to deliver the above
- Lead the Balance Sheet review process and overall Balance Sheet control framework for the UK business, including the management of all associated risks and opportunities, reporting to Reporting and Accounting Manager an overall assessment of the quality of the balance sheet
- Through business partnering, provide context, analysis and technical advice on significant transactions with in the business to optimise the structure and execution
- Principle manager of relationship with external auditors, external banking and insurance firms co-ordinating activity and ensuring the provision of requested information by all agreed deadlines for areas of responsibility
- Possess a relentless drive for continuous improvement driven through cultural, operating and governance initiatives
About the individual
- CA / ACCA / CIMA or Equivalent Qualified
- Financial Reporting within a commercial environment (preferably drinks industry)
- Significant (5-10 years) technical and operational experience in a number of senior finance roles covering core processes
- Experience of set up and development within a shared service model beneficial, or similar remote working experience
- Strong systems knowledge, including SAP and KPI reporting suites
- Track record of Process improvement at a senior / functional level
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds at Rutherford Cross by emailing email@example.com