Financial Controller | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Circularity Capital
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Founded in 2015, Circularity Capital is a specialist private equity fund manager with a mission to deliver value for investors by supporting SME growth and innovation in the circular economy.
Circularity Capital uses the circular economy as a framework to support investee businesses in decoupling their growth from resource constraints, enhance resource productivity and drive competitive advantage.
About the role
- Preparing financial data and coordinating across the team in preparing the quarterly and annual investor reports, including supporting the regular unlisted investment valuation preparation process, across all funds
- Supporting the preparation and update of fund models
- Liaising with third party providers for fund administration, tax compliance, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Preparing monthly cost reports and quarterly management accounts, including VAT
- Tracking the company's internal financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
About the individual
This role is aimed at a professionally qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience specific to private equity. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for driving process improvements and developing good working relationships across the business.
It is critical that the Financial Controller can work closely with the Head of Reporting & Compliance as well as the Partners. In particular, it is crucial they can take responsibility for the function and possess sufficient gravitas to challenge current thinking and drive positive change.
Please reach out to Will Dodds at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.