Financial Accountant | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Dobbies Garden Centre
Role: Financial Accountant
Location: Edinburgh (hybrid available)
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
For 150 years, Dobbies name has stood for quality horticulture. During this time Dobbies have been proud to provide the very best products and expert advice to gardeners throughout the UK. Today Dobbies is the UK's largest Garden Centre retailer with stores across Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. Naturally, Dobbies have one of the biggest and best ranges of quality plants and gardening equipment around.
About the role
Dobbies are seeking to recruit a Financial Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to support the Finance Team in the preparation and reporting of the financial accounts insuring a high level of accuracy across your work. In this role you report directly into the Finance Manager.
- Financial reporting and control
- Preparation of month end reporting of the balance sheet and cash flow
- Preparation, monitoring and reporting of key business and financial controls within the business
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations each month
- Review and challenge of existing processes and controls
About the individual
Typical Background and Experience Required:
This is an excellent opportunity for qualified accountants looking to further their careers.
The individual will have:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAS/CIMA)
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail
What to do next
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.
Rutherford Cross is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.