Finance Manager| Renfrew
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Title: Finance Manager
Location: Renfrew (hybrid)
Salary: £Competitive + bonus
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
Filshill is a highly successful family business, established in 1875 as a confectionary manufacturer, now a multifaceted company with a turnover of over £200m. Filshill has grown to be a key driving force in the supply and distribution to grocery stores across Scotland and Northern England. The company owns the KeyStore convenience brand, with over 160 retailers operating under this model, whilst also servicing numerous wholesalers and several national accounts, including the Scottish Prison Service. Filshill represents a true Scottish family-owned success story, and next year the business will be celebrating its 150th anniversary. There is a lot to celebrate, as the achievements over the years have been considerable, and the business continues to believe in always looking ahead to the next development and the next level of success.
In order to help deliver business growth and drive forward the finance function, it has been identified that there is a need for a Finance Manager to join the team at Filshill. The newly created role will be integral to the team and will report directly to the Financial Controller. The intention is for the Financial Controller to gradually hand over much of their day-to-day tasks to the Finance Manager, to allow them to take ownership of specific upcoming project work (such as ERP / accounting system review etc.). This will also allow the business to maximise the use of automation and technology. Therefore, there is a clear degree of succession planning for the new role of Finance Manager.
Key roles and activities, will include but not be limited to:
- Support the Financial Controller with the preparation and circulation of regular performance and management information to the board and departmental managers. This will enable informed decision-making and budget control
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns and reporting
- Assist with the preparation of regular payroll cycles
- Assist with the processing and payment of purchase invoices
- Assist with the preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Prepare year-end reporting information for incorporation into statutory accounts
- Interact with external organisations, such as the auditors and HMRC, to ensure ongoing compliance with all necessary regulations
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and accounting
- Support the delivery of a robust reporting analysis structure and appropriate software tools to deliver accurate and timely commercial MI to the business leadership team and core functions, using automation where possible
- Provide analysis and insight on ad hoc financial planning projects and commercial decision-making, including the financial implications of complex projects and trading arrangements
- Complete various compulsory ONS surv
The role of Finance Manager would suit a newly or recently qualified accountant with relevant industry experience, who is now looking to further develop their career within a highly successful Scottish business.
- Fully qualified accountant with a relevant professional qualification (CA / ACCA / CIMA etc.)
- Demonstrated industry experience working in a similar finance environment
- Strong Excel and IT skills
- Experience of VAT return preparation
- An analytical, proactive and problem-solving mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven to succeed and continually develop
- Experience working with Power BI reporting tools would be advantageous, although not required
- Experience in payroll preparation would be advantageous, although not required
To access the full Position Profile and have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Gillian O’Neil (email@example.com)
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.