Finance Manager| Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Company: Cala Group
Title: Finance Manager
Working Pattern: Hybrid working available
Interested in this role?
Cala Group is a major UK housebuilder and leading provider of desirable new homes across the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. Cala operates through eight businesses across the UK.
Founded in 1875 as the City of Aberdeen Land Association, Cala has a long history in successful land management before beginning house building in the 1970s. Today Cala is passionate about creating vibrant and sustainable new communities. Our homes are characterised by exceptional design and sector-leading build quality, and we have a passion for providing our customers with a great home-buying experience.
Cala has been recognised through numerous industry awards and holds the maximum five-star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Home Customer Satisfaction survey.
The Finance Manager role is based in the Head Office at Mid New Cultins in Edinburgh, which is close to the end of the M8 motorway. Reporting to the Regional Finance Director this is a multifaceted role incorporating a blend of accounting, commercial decision support and key stakeholder management. This role involves significant interaction with internal business areas including Sales, Commercial, Land, Construction and Customer Services.
- Assist with the preparation of four-year forecasts for the region three times a year. This will involve working with the local board of directors to produce robust yet challenging targets for the region. Support and mentoring will be provided by the Regional Finance Director
- Prepare, on a monthly basis, projections of current year profit for the region
- Prepare, on a monthly basis, projections of the cash required by the region for the next six months
- Build strong relationships with the region’s management team and staff members to ensure a constant flow of information
- Involvement in the production of monthly regional management accounts including journal postings, accruals, cost of sales, cash flow, variance analysis, and associated commentary
- Implement ‘best in practice’ financial processes and procedures appropriate to the needs of the business, delivering a continuous improvement approach
- Involvement in identifying and implementing process improvements across the finance department
The Finance Manager position incorporates a blend of accounting and stakeholder Management, requiring a high calibre individual who is strong interpersonally, well organised, detail conscious and possesses excellent technical skills. A background in house building or construction would be useful, but more important is that the individual is experienced in the accounting, commercial and operational requirements of a growing, dynamic business.
This role is aimed at a professionally qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for driving process improvements and developing good working relationships across the business.
It is critical that the Finance Manager can work closely with the Regional Finance Director and the regions management team. In particular, it is crucial they can take responsibility for the function and possess sufficient gravitas to challenge current thinking and drive positive change.
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Will Dodds at Rutherford Cross by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.