Finance Manager | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Dobbies Garden Centre
Role: Finance Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
For 150 years, the Dobbies name has stood for quality horticulture. During this time Dobbies have been proud to provide the very best products and expert advice to gardeners throughout the UK. Today Dobbies is the UK's largest Garden Centre retailer with stores across Scotland, England and Northern Ireland
About the role
Dobbies Garden Centres are seeking to recruit a Finance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to deliver the monthly management accounts as well as support decision making across the business. Key duties will include the financial reporting and control including:
- Preparation of month end reporting for management and Board
- Monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation, monitoring and reporting of key business and financial controls within the business and input to annual budget process
- Managing audit requests during the audit process and acting as a contact for the auditors
- Coordinating the team to ensure all national statistics reporting is undertaken on a timely and accurate basis
- Partnering with the FP&A and Business Partnering team to provide financial support and ensure accounting considerations are addressed appropriately
About the individual
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant that will get involved in mentoring/managing a team, as well as work with key stakeholders. You will have a proven track record of excllent organisational skills with strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
What to do next
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.
Rutherford Cross is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.