Finance Analyst | Dumbarton, hybrid
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Location: Dumbarton, hybrid
Salary: £40-47.5k + up to 20% bonus
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the company
Aggreko is the global leader in temporary power generation and temperature control. The business, which is headquartered in Scotland, has significant scale with revenues of almost £2bn earned from operations in 80 countries and is at the forefront of helping its customer manage the energy transition by providing the greenest possible energy solutions.
Aggreko’s purpose is to power progress by delivering energy everywhere. The business delivers power, heat and cooling to customers and communities, regardless of location, from the busiest cities to the most remote places on earth. The company employs 6,500 specialists from all corners of the globe. The range of projects the business is involved in is vast, from cooling gold mines in Australia to bringing electricity to events like the Olympics, to powering factories in Nigeria and warming neighbourhoods in Romania. Aggreko also brings relief when hurricanes and wildfires strike.
With headquarters in Scotland, they are a team of 6,500 specialists from all corners of the globe earning almost £2bn from operations in around 80 countries.
About the role
- You will prepare monthly financial results and KPI’s and use these to explain the performance of the business to members of the Leadership team and work with them to drive improvements.
- Business Partner with non-finance stakeholders to constructively challenge and provide ideas to help improve the business and it’s operations
- Get involved with major projects looking at the viability of new technologies, improving our Manufacturing operations and ensuring our engineering time is used wisely
- Prepare of quarterly forecasting and the annual budget
- Support the presentation of Financial Quarterly Results to Senior Management
- Challenge cost management to ensure all costs are complete and coded accurately. To work with and support the budget owners to ensure forecasting is accurate and costs are within budget.
- Preparation of VAT return, RDEC, grant accounting and tax information as required
- Monitor and prepare Capex submissions and approvals including Intangible Assets for both Manufacturing and Development Projects
There has been a recent restructuring within the finance team, whereby a “Future of Finance” program has been introduced, with transactional accounting activities being outsourced. The business is now keen to ensure that they have a pipeline of emerging top talent to drive standards with a best-of-class finance function in the West of Scotland. Given the exceptional financial results the business has achieved in recent years and their ambitions for further growth, Aggreko is an ideal environment for a flourishing finance professional looking to make the most of exciting career development opportunities.
We are looking to appoint 2 x Finance Analysts to Aggreko’s Lomondgate Site in Dumbarton. These are key roles within the Finance Department and are responsible for providing strong financial reporting, business partnering & analysis for the Commercial, Product Management, Engineering & Manufacturing teams.
As a Finance Analyst, you will provide valuable data analysis and reporting to contribute to accurate financial reporting and controls. You will also build on the current procedures in place to ensure valuable Management reporting and KPIs are created to evidence financial performance.
You will provide valuable data analysis and reporting to contribute to accurate financial reporting and controls. You will also build on the current procedures in place to ensure valuable Management reporting and KPIs are created to evidence financial performance.
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Harry Young at Rutherford Cross.