European Head of Commercial Finance | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the company
Baxters Food Group is a fourth generation privately owned entrepreneurial business which specialises in the manufacturing of premium quality, primarily branded, food products. The Group's product range includes soup, beetroot, chutney, condiments, preserves and meal options.
Since Baxters began operation in 1868 a lot has changed, but their dedication to making only the best quality products has always been at the core of everything they do. The Baxters brand has grown from a humble village store to a global brand with a turnover of circa £450m.
Baxters now finds their product being sold in major supermarket chains such as Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and many more, which has contributed to the large-scale growth of the business. Baxters’ Head Quarters is situated just off Charlotte Square in Edinburgh, and oversees the UK & European operation based in Fochabers.
About the role
Reporting Directly to the European CFO, this is a critical position which will have important stakeholder management responsibilities across the wider European Business, working in partnership with the European Marketing, European Sales and Business Unit Leaders to drive commercial performance of each business unit.
Key responsibilities include
- Supply timely, accurate and insightful financial information to the European business including actuals, forecasts, budgets and strategic plans for commercial (down to Gross Margin) and marketing overhead costs within the business
- Business partnering across commercial and marketing overheads to drive the profitability of the European Business supporting their strategy of leading on product.
- Working very closely with the New Product Innovation team to quickly launch new and innovative quality branded products into the marketplace, ensuring the business leads on product
- Managing the annual budget and in year forecast processes for the European P&L down to Gross Margin level across the European Business units
- Taking the lead on European finance projects, such as developing the reporting systems to provide quick, accurate and insightful information to ensure the business leads on product
- Ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures, including a focus on the safety and wellbeing of colleagues, communicating effectively and legal and quality business aspects
About the individual
- Qualified ACA / CA / CIMA / ACCA with strong business partnering post qualification experience
- Ability to connect with people easily across Finance teams including group finance, and building very strong relationships with key business stakeholders including the directors, extended leadership team and both commercial and marketing managers
- Being forward-looking and having a focus on team development, including succession planning and extending experience across a Finance team
- Experience of working in a multi-site and brand food commercial and manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing a business partnering finance function with a real focus and emphasis on working with key business stakeholders to drive the business in their strategic objective of leading on product and maximising profitability across their customer and overhead base
- Must be prepared to get involved in assisting the business partnering team producing and analysing financial information at any time via real hands-on support
- To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds at Rutherford Cross by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.