Commercial analyst | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Bute Energy
Location: Based in Edinburgh (hybrid working available)
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Closing date: No set closing date
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with Bute Energy, a developer of large-scale renewable energy projects in the UK, with a development pipeline in excess of 2GW of generating capacity. Their portfolio comprises projects at various stages of development, with the first projects expected to commence construction in 2024. They have also partnered with Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP), whose investment will allow them to accelerate the development of their portfolio.
About the role
Bute Energy is looking for a highly motivated individual to support with their continued growth in the renewable energy sector. You will report to the Commercial Manager with regular interaction with the Development and Technical teams.
- Maintenance of financial models for portfolio wind, solar & storage projects
- Conducting financial valuation analysis of existing portfolio projects and new feasibility opportunities
- Reporting timely and accurate valuation assessments to the development team and management on the progress of portfolio projects
- Working closely with colleagues amongst the development and commercial teams to permit commercial optimisation of project designs
- Conducting extensive scenario analysis
- Development of tools to improve and streamline repetitive assessment tasks
- Researching market and regulatory issues together with technical topics to ensure that the company’s knowledge base continues to evolve
About the individual
The successful candidate will need to be a highly professional and aspirational Analyst with a strong interest in the renewable energy sector, whilst being driven to deliver commercial excellence to match Bute’s ethos.
- Strong understanding of financial valuation concepts and techniques and financial modelling experience
- Experience in completing commercial assessments of renewable energy projects
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with the ability to undertake complex analysis
- Practical programming experience, ideally proficient in Excel based VBA
- The ability to present assessment outcomes in a thoughtful, clear, and concise manner to support the business’s decision-making requirements
- A passion for renewable energy and sustainability issues
- Excellent Word and PowerPoint skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Likely sitting within a professional services, consulting or renewables business
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds at Rutherford Cross.