Client Money Accountant | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000
Interested in this role?
Rutherford Cross partnering a forward-thinking blue-chip company based in Glasgow to appoint Client Money Accountant.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to support the Divisional Finance Director by delivering a broad range of tasks.
- Day to day duties will involve:
- To provide financial analysis and support to the Divisional FD in preparing for the new Income recognition policy, acting as liaison between the FD and group finance in Glasgow actively preparing schedules
- With a unique structure, you’re most effective as the key contact for the division; best placed to question, probe and help deliver income recognition
- Maintain key schedules relating to cost and resource analysis. Advise on the finer details relating to the impact of income recognition standard within your area; guide your business partners through their financial commitments.
- Key liaison with our finance function in Glasgow to keep them updated of progress
- Monthly preparation of board reporting in line with business and FCA requirements and FCA regulatory reporting. Compile technical accounting papers and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Prepare and provide complex lead schedules for audit purposes, detailed analysis and providing well thought out solutions
About the individual
Working for this acquisitive blue-chip company requires a knowledgeable, driven CA comfortable leading a small team.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- A University degree and ACCA/CA/CIMA qualified with at least 2 years’ experience
- Strong technical accounting skills are essential. Deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel is vital, as is previous experience of US GAAP
- Flexible, happy to deal with multiple tasks and environments within our international organisation.
- Highly organised and dedicated with excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills in all formats. Happy to work independently and also perform as part of an effective team.
- With superb focus, always seeking opportunities to challenge yourself and others around you.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What is on offer?
- Salary £40,000-£45,000
- Excellent career development opportunities
- 7% Employer pension contribution
- Private medical
- Death in service
- Flexible benefit options
- 27 days holiday and 7 bank holidays
What to do next
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact our retained advisor, Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross.