Audit Senior - Elevate programme - Aberdeen
Contract type: Full Time (Hybrid)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. We’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Elevate is your opportunity to join EY as an Audit Senior. This bespoke programme offers you the chance to build on your existing knowledge and technical expertise. If you’ve recently qualified, or will be soon, and are currently working at a small to mid-tier firm in the UK, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Assurance team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result. From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of clients. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same.
We'll help you transition into a large professional services environment by providing you with comprehensive training from day one. From virtual and group learning to Q&A sessions, your dedicated counsellor, manager, and wider network will ensure you have ongoing support to succeed.
As an auditor at EY, you will provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play a meaningful role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture. In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
We are hiring across the UK in: Aberdeen; Birmingham; Bristol; Glasgow; Leeds; London; Luton; Manchester; Newcastle; Reading.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Leading fieldwork and keeping engagement managers updated on audits
- Accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends.
Everything you do will come back to providing exceptional audit services for our clients.
What We Look For:
Skills and attributes for success:
As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Ideally you'll also have:
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Automotive; Aviation; Construction; Hospitality; Real Estate; Manufacturing; Transportation; Government; Public Sector; Pharmaceutical; Retail; Media; Technology; Telecommunications; Energy; Oil & Gas; Utilities; Life Sciences; Private Clients; Banking; Capital Markets; Insurance; Wealth & Asset Management; Pensions.
- Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS
- Project management or team supervisory experience
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We’re interested in people with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so we look for people who will take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What Working at EY Offers:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Apply here