Assistant Director | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: Craig Corporate
Salary: Competitive + annual bonus
Additional benefits: Paid professional membership fees
Interested in this role?
About the organisation
Craig Corporate has been helping clients to create, enhance, protect and realise shareholder value in their businesses with advice and hands-on support since 1985.
The firm’s ethos is to devise and implement practical yet innovative solutions that are tailored to meet each client’s specific needs. Craig Corporate is flexible in its approach and takes pride in delivering high-quality, “hands-on” assistance and advice.
About the role
The opportunity to join Craig Corporate as an Assistant Director, provides exposure that is rarely available with other firms in the market. Craig Corporate supports businesses going through periods of change such as restructuring, high growth, change of ownership and management, sales and acquisitions. As a qualified accountant you will partner with a variety of clients, on either a retained, ongoing basis as a regular advisor or in a seconded/project capacity. The post holder will provide high quality commercial business advice which will have a positive impact on clients’ profitability, cash flow or business value
Typical duties will include:
- Devise and ensure implementation of business strategies and operating plans
- Analyse client problems and identify feasible alternative courses of action
- Prepare well documented and presented reports and presentations to clients setting out the results of analysis and recommending effective action for the clients
- Persuade clients confidently and forcefully about the need for action
- Prepare plans (with financial outcomes) with clients
- Coach client staff in skills and procedures needed to achieve agreed plans
- Carry out assignments within the agreed time input limits and agreed schedules
- Ensure the quality and confidentiality of client relationships are maintained
- Ensure adequate systems are in place to monitor business performance
- Promote Craig Corporate Limited’s capabilities to existing and potential clients and other business contacts (e.g. other professional advisors)
- Participate in the local (Glasgow / Scottish) business community
Examples of recent assignments undertaken by the firm include:
- Part Time FD – Drinks
- Part Time CFO – BioTech
- Part Time FD – Software
- Fund-raising advice - £20m
- Fund-raising advice - £5m
- MBO / Transition Support – Electrical Contracting
- Ongoing Strategic Advice – Transport
- Ongoing Strategic & Shareholder Advice – Manufacturing
- Ongoing Strategic & Shareholder Advice – Property
- Board Advisory & Shareholder Advice – Professional Services
- Project Support (Currently Shareholder Exit, Acquisition & Future MBO) – Professional Services
- Business Sale – Financial
- Business Sale - Contracting
- Investor Due Diligence – Software
- Investor Due Diligence – Online Retail
- Investor Due Diligence – Computer Generated Graphics
- Financial Modelling – Infrastructure
- Financial Readiness / Scoping for Fundraising / Business Planning – Alternative Energy
- Shareholder Value Review and Implementation – Software
- Cash Flow Planning & Reporting – Industrial
- Bank Covenant Review & Forecast – Professional Services
What to do next
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross.
Please note that any direct or third-party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.
Rutherford Cross is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.