EU mutual recognition route for auditors
If you are already a member of a professional accountancy body within the European Union and you wish to provide audit services within the UK then you may be eligible to join ICAS and gain the UK Audit Qualification. While this in itself does not provide rights to sign audit reports in the UK, you can then apply for Responsible Individual (RI) status which does provide you with such rights.
The route will require you to pass an aptitude test in the subjects of Law and Taxation. These are objective test papers, which are set on at least two occasions during the year subject to demand. The fee for the aptitude test is £250 inclusive of VAT.
Online course materials can be obtained for payment of a separate fee to ICAS. During 2020 these papers will be available to be sat remotely via remote proctoring on July 8 and October 14. Other dates may be available and you should contact ICAS at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about course materials and a copy of the detailed syllabus. To be eligible for this route you must be:
- A member of a professional accountancy body in the European Union
- A licensed in your home country as a statutory auditor
- A qualified through the standard qualification pathway
- In good standing with your professional accountancy body with no outstanding legal or disciplinary investigations or findings
- A national of an EU country
- Confirmation of membership from your professional accountancy body with a statement of the route to qualification through a standard pathway
- A letter of good standing from your professional accountancy body
- Confirmation from regulatory body in your country, or equivalent proof that you are a registered statutory auditor
- A copy of your passport
All documents submitted must be in English and please ensure that you use the same email address to send the documents that was used in application form.