Purpose and vision
ICAS is an organisation which provides for the needs of the profession and is fully prepared to embrace future challenges and opportunities.
Our overriding aspiration is to become an increasingly responsive and relevant member body, meeting our public-interest obligations whilst ensuring that the CA credential maintains its prominence and valued global reputation.
Through our purpose and vision, we are clearly defining and focusing on what we want to achieve.
We have reflected on the valuable, impartial, thought‐leading and relevant role ICAS plays in taking the profession forward – for members, firms, business and the public – and are declaring it through our purpose:
Learn, Grow and Advance Together.
We are recognised and respected as a world leader in the future of finance and the advancement of the accountancy profession.
To deliver on our strategy, we need to have a culture where we can solve problems fast, collect the insight we need to understand our customers, and demonstrate the curiosity needed to get there.
Our values are who we are, how we behave, why we come to work and what we want to achieve:
- We take the time to understand so we make sure we put our... MEMBERS FIRST.
- We empower each other so we can... KEEP REACHING HIGHER.
- We’re a positive force when we... WORK AS ONE TEAM.
- We imagine the future so we can truly... SET THE PACE.
Our strategy focuses on delivering value to our members and to society:
- PUBLIC TRUST AND BIG VOICE: we’re speaking up, providing a ‘big voice’ for accountancy and strengthening public trust in the profession in the UK and internationally.
- CONNECT AND HELP TO SUCCEED: we’re providing the connections and help our members need to succeed.
- INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE: we’re innovating our qualifications for the future while maintaining high standards, to meet the needs of new and existing members.
- CUSTOMER-CENTRED ORGANISATION: we’re a world-leading professional body, delivering consistently excellent services for our members.
Delivering this will allow us to make more informed business decisions, to become more competitive and influential, and to provide our members with the consistently excellent experience they expect and deserve.
Find out how we are actively transforming the way we operate and grow with our Corporate Plan.