Highlights of the year - text only version
- ICAS CEO Anton Colella calls on CAs around the world to support the Power of One – a major initiative in ethical leadership.
- ICAS President Jim Pettigrew CA announces the ‘Year of the Mentor’, with a renewed focus on mentoring.
- ICAS strengthens position as insolvency regulator.
- HMRC launches a public consultation on 'Making Tax Digital'.
- ICAS holds debate in London on the future of assurance in the UK.
- ICAS launches CA Connect – a new networking tool to connect CAs with global community.
- Nicola Sturgeon meets ICAS members ahead of the EU Referendum and Scottish Elections.
- Launch of CA Today Canada.
- Dame Clara Furse, external member of the Bank of England’s Financial Policy Committee, speaks at ICAS event.
- The ICAS Admission Ceremony 2016 welcomes more than 300 new members.
- Membership exceeds 21,000.
- Major ICAS/FRC research explores audit skills of the future.
- ICAS provides expert insight and analysis on the Chancellor's 2016 Budget Statement.
- Ken McHattie CA becomes new President of ICAS.
- ICAS responds to the Panama papers leaks.
- ICAS announces first ever principal partnership with Investec Wealth & Investment.
- The ICAS Scottish Election Debate takes place in Edinburgh.
- Three new international members are appointed to the ICAS Council.
- ICAS launches Make Your Professional Development Count, a new professional development framework.
- Anti-corruption statement made by professional bodies, including ICAS.
- The ICAS Tax Conference, 'Taxing Times', is held in Glasgow.
- ICAS Gold Medal winner announced – James Rix, BDO LLP, Edinburgh.
- Test of Professional Expertise results issued – 84% pass rate.
- ICAS poses 20 Questions on Brexit and kick-starts the Brexit Insights series.
- The ICAS Practitioners’ Conference is held in Glasgow.
- CIPFA members offered pathway to ICAS status.
- ICAS President Ken McHattie CA hosts sold-out House of Commons event.
- A special dinner in New York is hosted for CAs.
- Launch of CA Today USA.
- ICAS Foundation awarded 32 bursaries of up to £10,000. 79 CAs are providing mentor support for foundation students.
- The top 35 CAs under 35 are announced as part of the One Young CA competition.
- The ICAS tax team sets out its strategy for Making Tax Digital.
- ICAS launches a new business mentoring initiative.
- ICAS announces a series of insight breakfasts on Brexit, FinTech and financial services across the UK.
- Rimla Akhtar MBE is announced One Young CA winner and represents ICAS at the One Young World Summit in Ottawa, Canada.
- The Power of One events are held around the world.
- The ICAS Brexit Advisory Group holds its first meeting, chaired by Mike McKeon CA.
- ICAS holds its annual conference: ‘Innovation and Entrepreneurs...in Brexit Britain’.
- Launch of CA Today Hong Kong and the CA Australia digital magazine.
- 1,048 students enrolled to study CA qualification in 11 UK cities - breaking the 1000 barrier for only the fifth time in 160 years.
- 112 students enrolled to study ITP qualification in 7 cities across the UK.
- Anton Colella celebrates 10 years as ICAS Chief Executive.
- ‘Extraordinary starts here’ campaign launches, with CAs sharing their career stories to encourage prospective students to join the profession.
- The ICAS Technical team hosts an informative session with more than 20 CA firms on the implementation of new UK GAAP.
- ICAS becomes an associate member of the Pan African Federation of Accountants in Madagascar.
- The new and improved digital Annual Renewal is launched for members.
- ICAS provides expert insight and analysis on the Chancellor's 2016 Autumn Statement.
- ‘Make sure your adviser is a Chartered Accountant’ initiative launches to raise public awareness of the value of a CA.
- The 2016 ICAS Insolvency and Restructuring Conference takes place in Gleneagles.
- The top 30 accountancy firms for 2016 are revealed.
- The CA magazine's 2016/17 Salary and Careers Survey shows 36% of CAs have received an above-inflation pay rise.
- ICAS honours the CAs who have been members for 50+ years, with special Gold Club events in London and Edinburgh.
- 1 in 5 of Career Mentoring Programme participants are international.
- 642 new ICAS members admitted in 2016.
- Test of Professional Expertise results issued – 87% pass rate.
- Test of Relevant Expertise results issued – 87% pass rate.