Scottish Chartered Accountants Benevolent Association (SCABA)
SCABA: The charity for CAs in need
The Scottish Chartered Accountants’ Benevolent Association (SCABA) is a charity which supports CAs, their dependents and prospective CAs who are in need. SCABA was founded in 1919 and since then has supported hundreds of members and their families.
How does SCABA help?
We are here to help from the moment you step on the path to becoming a CA, throughout your professional life, and beyond. Your dependents can access our services too.
Life changing events mean that support may be needed for a variety of reasons such as ill health, redundancy, debt, re-training etc.
We help by providing grants, loans and support visits. We can provide:
- Ongoing support grants when you are struggling financially.
- One-off grants for example; for respite care, home adaptations and specialist equipment, funeral costs.
- Training grants in situations where working in your chosen profession is no longer an option.
- A financial advisor to help you get things under control and ease the pressure.
- A visit from our Support Worker to provide a listening ear and practical support such as ensuring that you are accessing all the benefits and support available to you.
Apply for assistance
Alternatively, you can contact the Charity Administrator at: PO box 28843, SCABA, Edinburgh, EH14 9BY or Tel: 07722 932120.
How can you support the work of SCABA?
2019 is SCABA’s centenary year. Now, as much as ever the continued generosity of members via donations and legacies is vital to help SCABA continue its work.
Other ways to donate are by cheque, made payable to SCABA, to the address above, via your annual renewal form or through a bequest in your will. Thank you – we are very grateful for your kindness in supporting our work.
The Scottish Chartered Accountants Benevolent Association is a charity registered in Scotland SC008365.